Monday, January 28, 2013

The Janglish at the Daiso...

Let me preface this post by saying that I admire the Japanese for their knowledge of the English language. Many of them speak and wrote it better than many Americans. However, there are often products at the Daiso (100-yen store) that seem to miss the mark when it comes to slogans and descriptions. During today's trip to the Daiso with my visiting relatives I found some of these delights...



"Take a bit out of life"


"This green apple is fresh and very popular"

"It makes you unlifting and yammy."



And this closet sheet is hard to sip, so be careful when drinking it.



And, in an unrelated note, here is my mother-in-law, Peggy's first attempt at eating sushi - ever. How many Americans say that their first taste of sushi was in Japan?


She liked everything but the shrimp roll with wasabi... not that I blame her. I am not a fan of that spicy stuff, either.

No comments: