Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gallery Night at the Guthrie's...

The window celebrating Rodney's and my 10th anniversary.
 I don’t really consider myself an artist. Not like a painter or sculptor or that guy who creates chalk drawings that look like canyons in the sidewalk. But some of my friends seem to disagree. Especially my friend and co-worker Crystal, who is an artist herself, as well as a graphic designer. She's been harping on me about having a Gallery Night at my house to share my home decor and scrapbooks with the good people of Pensacola. And then she got some other friends and co-workers to chime in. After months of internal debate, and a heart-to-heart with the spouse (who was skeptical, but did not outright laugh), I have decided to swallow my apprehension and host a Gallery Night at my house. Well, actually two.

The Guthrie Gallery Night will be from 7-9 p.m. Thursday, July 28 and 2-4 p.m. Saturday, July 30 at my house. Bring family, friends, whomever you would like. Email me if you need directions: jessicaguthrie at hotmail. 

Feel free to come and imbibe on some refreshments as you enjoy the décor items and flip through the albums. Also, I have a number of albums and other projects that I have created that are looking for a good home (including the house album and "create" wordart below! Scroll down a few posts to see more). So, if you are looking for a unique hand-made gift for a bride, baby, or birthday, you might find the perfect gift for sale.



I will also be having a free raffle at each Gallery Night, giving away some of the albums. I hope you can stop by!


Wooden wordart with easel.
Clear acrylic house album.




"Live, Laugh, Love, Play" is in my dining room.
The "Love" quadrant of the "Live, Laugh, Love, Play" piece.

1 comment:

Jenn Christman said...

You are an ARTIST! You create beautiful things! Embrace it!!! Wish I was closer, I would be there in a heartbeat.