Thursday, February 05, 2009

Orange County Scrapbook Expo only a week away!

The Orange County Scrapbook Expo in Costa Mesa begins next Friday and I am busy getting all of the product and samples ready for the Kits2Remember booth and classes. I have heard that a number of you will be attending and I hope you'll stop by the booth and at least say hi. I also have a coupon for free 6 x 6 acrylic panels with any purchase so be sure to print it out and stash it with your Expo stuff.

As far as new product goes, Kits2Remember will be rolling out some new acrylic and metal sizes. I love Teresa Collins' new lines, as do many people, so I now have 6 x 12 and 4 x 8 acrylic panels to pair with her new double-sided papers that feature these sizes. While I won't have the papers available at this show, many local scrapbook stores either carry or will carry her line. I happened to get these papers at The Red Bee in Tustin.


Featuring a photo of my family at Fourth of July last year...


I love this photo - my Mom, Dad and I all own Ford Explorers. Of course, I had to be the "black sheep." I took this a few days before I drove mine across country to Pensacola this summer.

While I don't have a photo of them yet, I will also be rolling out 8 x 10 and 11 x metal panels, so that paper crafters can frame their magnetic message board creations with standard-sized frames. Be sure to check the samples out in the booth next week.

My Clear Scraps order from CHA arrived today. We have all 11 styles of the new Clear Scraps minis (each of these cuties is about 3-inches), including the tiny tabbed album, wide-eyed owl, oak tree, flowers, tags and more. Here are some of the samples the Clear Scraps team has created with them:

This daddy brag book features the tiny 3-inch tabbed album.


This one features one of the mini flower album designs.


This one appears to have been created from the rectangle mini album. Such vivid color!


I also got some of the new sandcastle acrylic albums. This design is gorgeous and oh, so detailed. While beachy pictures would adorn this album beautifully, it can easily be transitioned into a pretty princess album, as well!

And then there are these: Clear Scraps Clear-n-Chip collections. There are five different collections and they feature diecut shapes, one sheet in acrylic and one sheet in chipboard. These shapes can be used as embellishments on layouts or bound together to create albums. Depending on how you choose to create your album, you should have enough product to make two albums with collection pack package. Be sure to check these out at Expo because photos don't do this line justice. Fun fact: Each of the Clear-n-Chip collections is named for the Clear Scrap's owners' children: Little Miss Molly, Caroline's Caffe (coffee theme), Ace-a-Roo (boy theme), Abbey's Love and Amy's Fashion. Jackie and Janet are devoted Moms for sure! This one below is the Little Miss Molly collection, coupled with an album the Clear Scraps team created with it.



Plus, I will have some of the Clear Scraps XL acrylic shapes, which are perfect for layouts and home decor. I stamped with StazOn ink on the bracket in this layout:

And then used the Clear Scraps XL heart and a Kits2Remember 8 x 10 acrylic panel to created this "love"-ly clock:



While these products will be introduced at the Orange County Scrapbook Expo, they will be available online by the end of the month.

I've got more samples in the works, so be sure to check back in the next few days to take a peek! In the meantime, be sure to check out the K2R Krew blog for more inspiration!

6 comments:

Kathi L. said...

Great blog and samples. I know I want some of the new Clear Scraps. Boy they got them to you quickly.

Jenn Christman said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! My mind is flooding with endless possibilities! I can't wait for the OC expo!

China Doll said...

Hey Jessica! I will be there and I will be your teacher's pet for your Good Times class on Sunday! :-)

Jessica Guthrie said...

That's awesome ... it will be great having your help in class, Tran! I'm glad I ran into you at CHA!

echowein said...

Oh My GOOdNess! You have 6x12 acrylic! Will we be carrying it? Iknow where I need to stop by on Friday. BTW, i'm working our booth on Friday! See you then :)

Anonymous said...

I will be following Echo to those 6 x 12 and 4 x 8 panels on Friday! I got the paper just waiting for those babies! They are cool!