Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Working on some little things for the events this week...


... so much going on! Starting tomorrow, Gigi's Scrapbookin' in Foley, AL, is hosting a three-day crop at the Perdido Beach Resort. I'll be vending and teaching a couple of classes. Plus I created a Valentine-sy (is that a word?)4 x 4 acrylic and chipboard mini book. I used a photo of my DH's Aunt Sam and Uncle John. I thought it was an appropriate one for the theme. I am looking forward to hanging out with some of "my" people. I have been away from scrapbookers way too long! I also plan to work on my 2009 day planner during any down time. The rest of the time I will have a ton of fun sharing the joys of working with acrylic and metal with the croppers.

I've also been working on some charms for the Scrapmap.com Ultimate Scrapbooking Cruise that starts Sunday. This is only my second cruise and I, like most of the other gals going, have been planning this trip for more than a year now. Some of the gals decided to get a charm swap together. It sounded like fun to me, but I have never participated in one and have certainly not created any charms like these. I did receive a fabulous charm necklace when I taught at Creative Escape in September, so I took a look at those to get some inspiration. The guidelines for the swap said we were suppose to have the charms be in a beachy color scheme, keep them no larger than 1.5 inches. And I didn't have a lot of time to create something too intricate, unfortunately. So, I needed something simple, beachy and FUN! Then it hit me: I would comb the beach a few miles from my house for some native Gulf Coast sea shells and use those. I, of course, HAD to use some acrylic, so I used some acrylic chips, spritzed them with Glimmer Mist, painted the edges blue and printed out the name and date of the cruise. Then strung the whole thing together with a jump ring and added a lobster claw clasp. I can't wait to see what the other ladies have done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in AL, as well as on the cruise. Can't wait to see the picture of your charm - it sounds great! See you at Scrapbooking Heaven in Feb.