Monday, September 01, 2008

San Diego ROCKED!

With the San Diego Scrapbook Expo dates landing on the long Labor Day weekend and the obvious economic downturn, I was afraid San Diego would be poorly attended... boy, was I wrong! The traffic through the Kits2Remember booth was steady, even out-of-control-busy a few times, and rarely was there an empty seat at the make and take table, where, for $4, a scrapper could create a 4x4 acrylic album. I did not have a lot of time to snap photos, either, so what you see here is about it!

Better yet, nearly everyone at the Expo seemed to be in great spirits - ready to shop, be inspired and learn more about their favorite hobby. I ran into a lot of scrap buds, and met some new ones.

I had more than one scrapper who had heard about Kits2Remember's new metal panels stop by the booth to check them out. The metal was such a hit, I sold out of 12 x 12 and 5 x 7 panels! Guess I'll have to order more! They will be available on the K2R web site by Sept. 10, so keep an eye out for those.

I taught three classes over the weekend, the "Good & Girly" 6x6 acrylic album on Friday and the "Boys 2 Men" 6x6 acrylic album on both Friday and Saturday. Everyone seemed to have fun and learn something, which are always my goals.


Krew member Kathi took this photo during the Boys 2 Men class.

Speaking of Kathi, a good part of the reason that the classes and K2R booth ran so smoothly is because of my fabulous volunteer Krew. A huge heartfelt thanks go out to Kathi, Liz, Carolyn, Jodie and Inez. Without you guys, I would never have been able to take a potty break, much less breathe! And they really went above and beyond for me.


Kathi even volunteered her ENTIRE weekend, bunking in with my Mom and I so she could help out both days.


Liz drove from Huntington Beach to San Diego both days, and we all know how much gas costs these days.


Carolyn also drove down from Orange County Friday, Jodie volunteered for extra hours when we really needed her and Inez took a K2R T-shirt home on Friday and brought it back Saturday all blinged out for me! Seriously, I could not have asked for better help!


And, of course, I cannot forget my Mom, Nancy. I saved the best for last ... Mom not only runs the cash register (ands the finicky credit card machine) for all but a few minutes to scarf down a pretzel for lunch, but she also puts together most of the class kits and make and takes. Thanks, Mom!

Now it is time for me to focus on driving to Arizona tomorrow for the Creative Escape festivities in Mesa. I am so excited for this unique opportunity to teach to more than 700 scrapbookers. Everything for CE has been kept so hush-hush for months, I just can't wait for it all to get here so I no longer have to worry about spilling the beans! Stay tuned for more on this exclusive event in the next few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news. Wish I was there to check out your booth. I will be seeing you in Ontario. If you need any help let me know.

Jenn C

Tricia said...

I am SO happy things worked out well!!! Yeah! You rock Jessica!